Directed by Raphaël Hitier, co-written with Sylvie Deleule
Based on the original idea of Olivier De Schutter & Nicolas Sayde
We have never been so aware of the risk of collapse due to climate change. And yet, it seems we are unable to make the collective change the situation seems to demand.
How can we explain our collective inertia in the face of the ongoing environmental crisis? Why can’t our brain process global warming?
This scientific investigation decodes the behavioral mechanisms which explain this collective "schizophrenia" through eye-opening experiences.
With a comprehensible approach, the latest advances in neuroscience, behavioral psychology and anthropology will reveal the surprising cognitive bias, contradictions, and fears we harbor when it comes to changing our lifestyles, and may even help us to overcome them.
Format: 16/9 - 1x52’ - Colour - HD
Production: UN FILM À LA PATTE & ARTE France
With the participation of Ushuaïa TV
Fundings: Centre National du Cinéma et de l'image animée, Région Grand Est and Strasbourg Eurométropole in partnership with CNC, Procirep-Angoa
International distribution: ZED
First broadcaster: Arte
Other broadcasters: Ushuaïa TV, Radio Télévision Suisse, AMC Networks International Iberia, Télé-Québec
Image: Guillaume Bression
Sound: Raphaël Beauvois
Shooting United Kingdom: Yoann Desmoyers-Davis, Fiona Donald, Tim Watchorn
Shooting United States: Edward Bally
Editing: Amandine Stelletta
Animations: Sylvain Cappelletto
Original music: Olivier Fuchs
- "Grand Prix" award at the Festival IFF Ekotopfilm - Envirofilm, Bratislava (Slovakia), 2022
- “Film de science” award at the 12th édition of the Festival International du Film d’Environnement FReDD, Toulouse (France), 2022
- Official selection at the Festival du Film Vert and nomination for the "Prix Tournesol", Switzerland, 2023
- Official selection at the Brussels Scientific Film Festival (Belgium), 2023
- Official selection at the Green Screen Environmental Film Festival, Caribbean, 2022
- Official selection at the Festival du Film Scientifique Sud de Sciences, Montpellier (France), 2022
- Official selection at the 18th édition du Festival International du Film Scientifique Pariscience en sélection Scolaire - Compétition Lycéens (France), 2022
- Official selection at the Raw Science Film Festival, Los Angeles (USA), 2022